Today, the hard disk in which you save data, how was that hard disk till when it was made and the surprising things, let’s know –
Some shocking things about hard disks –
- IBM is the manufacturer of the world’s first hard disk drive.
- You will be surprised to know that this hard disk drive was 10 times bigger in size as compared to today and only 5 MB data could be stored in it.
- In 1980 itself, IBM made a hard disk drive whose storage capacity was 2.52 GB, which was equal in size to a refrigerator and weighed about 250 kg.
- The hard disk drive is the storage of the computer, it stores the data in digital form.
- The hard disk drive is not a square part visible from above, but a magnetic part inside it
- The disk is called, DATA is saved on this magnetic disk.
- This magnetic disk is divided into three parts,
- – Track
- – Sector
- – Cluster
- Even after deleting or formatting the data from the hard disk drive, the image of the data remains printed on it, due to which it is possible to do hard drive data recovery by Disk Recovery Software.
- The smallest unit for measuring data in a hard disk drive is bytes, after that, it keeps on increasing, something like this –
- 1 megabyte = 1024 kilobyte
- 1 gigabyte = 1024 megabyte
- 1 terabyte = 1024 gigabyte
- Right now we are using a hard disk drive of only 1 or 2 terabytes i.e. about 1 to 2 thousand Gb, but in future, there is a possibility of getting a hard disk drive of an even bigger storage capacity.